1. Long Shot by Kennedy Ryan. Swoon. Fall in love. Swoon some more. This book will make you want to not move until the last page has turned. I listened to the audio, which made it even better. The poetic way Kennedy Ryan wove the words of this story into an unforgettable love story is nothing short of magic. The abuse, how she overcame it, the triumph in the end. I was here for it all!
2. Hook Shot by Kennedy Ryan. This author has romancing of words down to a science, which continues in book 3 of the Hoops series. Even though it's book three, it's my second favorite book of the year.
3. Block Shot by Kennedy Ryan. (Ahem, first of all, thanks for recommending this series Posey Parks!) This book had BBW issues that held my attention. As you can see, I highly recommend the Hoops series. All three books made my fave list.
4. Vanquished by Leteshia Newton. Think crazy, sexy, and not cool, and you have Vanquished. It’s a train wreck that you can’t look away from. In the end, something from every scene grows on you and makes you fall more in love with the dysfunctional characters. (Crystal Partin, this was a good recommendation)
5. Promised Land by Brenda Hampton. I saw a post about this book idea possibly being lifted by a major film, so I had to read and compare. Being recaptured and forced into slavery is real fear for some (okay, I am some). There was great imagination put into this storyline with comparisons to American slavery and contemporary racial divides. A must read!
6. Truly by Carmel Rhodes. OMG. The words. All of the words. I don’t usually read erotic romance stories about teens, but I loved that it was true to teenage experiences. I would definitely read more from Carmel Rhodes.
7. Zahir by Theodora Taylor. I read the Ruthless Tycoons series, but this book stood out to me. Zahir seemed cruel but damn if he wasn’t seductive at the same time. I think these books are driving me to the dark side—muahahaha. Mean, controlling, yummy Zahir!
8. His Wicked Witch by Siren Allen. I don’t usually read paranormal, but I wanted to read some of my good friend's work. His Wicked Witch made me do what I thought was impossible. I fell in love with magic spells, witches, and sexy shadows in a far away paranormal land.
9. Out of the Flames by J. McCreary. Della’s story of overcoming meth abuse to finding love and someone to share her life with touched my heart, so yeah…all of the feels. Actually, this book and part one of the Kendrick, Pennsylvania series, Under the Sycamore, are great reads.
10. Christmas with the Recluse by Victorine E. Lieske. I read this book after reading Victorine’s book on how to write swoon-worthy romance. I wanted to see how she executed a book of clean romance, and it was a fun read that takes you through all the back and forth emotions she has mastered. I almost gave up on this couple, but they got it together in the end. HEA's abound!
Nonfiction: Team of Vipers by Cliff Sims. It was interesting to read about the experience of a man from Alabama who went to work for the Trump White House.
From My Catalog: Classic Alpha for Christmas. I got so much good feedback about this book that I read it again this Christmas. Omega and Astalia made me smile :)